Aquarium Depot

https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/92769e71-4fb7-4163-a713-d85f1b93f665/logo/da9da489-2f28-463a-8d56-9d75767f8eb6.png/:/rs=h:201

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hey guys, I need some help! I am on day 3 of a pretty good bacteria bloom, cloudy water and just overall no good. Does anyone have a UV sterilizer that I can run for a few days to clear up the water, hopefully before Thanksgiving. Please let me know!

-Chris

Wow, so nobody has one or has a suggestion?!?

Comment

I don't think mine would help you out, your tank is to big haha

Comment

Are you.running carbon? And or a polishing pad?

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedReef View Post
          Are you.running carbon? And or a polishing pad?
          Yeah just got some fresh carbon on line the other day, and have currently killed the lights. I don't really have a place for a polishing pad. I don't run filter socks or anything like that. I had a customer tank that had this issue many years ago, 24 hours with a Sterilizer on it and the problem was gone. This is probably a result of dosing nitrates too much too quick, but I don't know. thats the only change to my tank.

Comment

I had an old UV sterilizer that I rigged up to hopefully work, its not a pretty sight but hoping after a day or two running that it can take care of the issue. Fingers crossed! Click image for larger version

Name:	uuxWYvJaRi6NMtNz4e%j0Q.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	752

Comment

Follow up:
              UV sterilizer up and running for 2 days...the tank is crystal clear (new carbon probably helped too!) and doing great!

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Working...
                X